Learning to think differently can significantly change your life!
- What couples argue about isn’t as important as how they argue (Markman, Stanley & Blumberg, 1994)
- Adolescents are more vulnerable to substance abuse problems because the region of the brain that regulates impulse and motivation are not yet fully developed (Yale University School of Medicine, 2003)
Coping effectively with emotions leads to greater life satisfaction!
- Depression affects approximately 19 million people per year.
- Anxiety Disorders are the most common of emotional problems in the U.S. affecting over 25 million Americans (American Psychiatric Association)
- Two-thirds of people with depression do not seek help.
- 80% of people with clinical depression who have received treatment significantly improve their lives (Washington University School of Medicine)
Behavioral choices do make a difference!
- Younger people in the U.S. who marry for the first time face a 40-50% chance of divorcing in their lifetime due to current life stressors (U.S. Bureau of Census, 1992)
- Adults and children have a higher risk of mental or physical problems due to marital distress (The Coalition for Marriage, Family, and Couples Education)
- The strongest risk factors for Teen suicide are: depression, alcohol & drug abuse, aggressive or disruptive behavior and previous suicide attempts (American Psychiatric Association)
The Change Development Institute offers help to those desiring a significant change in their current life situation. Through counseling, behavioral skills training, professional consultation, and real-life application, our clients learn to effectively challenge and overcome the barriers to success and happiness in their lives.Come join us and experience the long-term impact of “creating stories of success…” 480.396.0394